Causes of Hidden Water Leaks
Water leaks in a home are damaging and potentially dangerous, and hidden leaks are even more so. Learn how to spot hidden water leaks, including the most likely spots to find them, appreciate the dangers of hidden water leaks, and why professional water damage restoration is vital to preserving and protecting the home.
All plumbing pipes and systems age over time due to regular wear and tear and the effects on the environment. Other reasons water pipes may start to leak include:
- High Water Pressure: Water pipes and systems have a maximum pressure they can handle before seams and weakened areas of the piping burst. Clogs, constrictions in the pipe, or miscalibrated pressure regulators can cause high water pressure.
- Corrosion: Water pipes and connectors are often metal. Though treated with anticorrosive treatments, these metals will wear over time, leading to cracks, holes, or loosened connections.
- Freezing Temperatures: Extreme cold temperatures can cause water to freeze in the pipes, leading to possible breaks. It can also increase small leaks, expanding any cracks when the ice forms.
- Damage or Improper Installation: Inexperienced technicians can damage pipes repair on other systems in the home, such as electrical wiring or ductwork. Leaks could also result from poorly installed or repaired pipes or connectors.
Dangers of Hidden Water Leaks
Hidden water leaks can result in real danger for a home and its residents. Structural damage is the most apparent effect and may be severe by the time it is detectable.
Weakened floors could collapse, leading to expensive water damage and potential injury. There are also risks of exposure to:
- Mold spores and mildew
- Asbestos and fiberglass insulation
- Infestations of insects and vermin
The Importance of Professional Water Damage Restoration
Professional water damage restoration and mold remediation are critical, especially in situations where hidden water leaks cause extensive damage that may not be visible. A professional restoration company has training and experience assessing and restoring residential and commercial properties, so they can spot the signs of hidden water leaks quickly.
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East is the premiere water damage restoration company for homes in South Side, Corpus Christi, TX. The experienced and professional team of SERVPRO is prepared to assess and restore residential damage caused by water leakage. From drying out the area to removing dangerous mold, mildew, and waste, the team ensures that the home is safe, clean, and like new.
Handling water damage in the home can be overwhelming. SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East brings the necessary knowledge and skills that each water damage restoration requires. Attention to detail and providing the highest level of customer service in the industry are two reasons that SERVPRO is among the best residential water damage restoration and mold remediation companies in South Texas.
Contact the team of SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East at (361) 985-6444 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about residential water damage restoration, flood cleanup, and mold remediation in Corpus Christi, TX, and the surrounding communities of the 78408 area.